Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where does the time go?

I cant believe my little boy is just over 6 weeks old and it has been almost three weeks since we lost my dad. I feel like such a slacker because I haven't updated in awhile. Life has been a little  crazy. We had my father's memorial service on Sunday. It was an incredible turn out. My father was such a wonderful man. I learned some things about him I did not know. For instance he was a deacon in the Church of the Ladder Day Saints. Who knew? He had a mouth like a sailor LOL! I also knew he had some lifelong friends but I had no idea how life long. One of his friends made a speech and said they had been friends since they were three years old. My dad was also a pack rat. He saved a receipt from  car repairs he had done in 1986 for a car he had not owned for several years, among other things. I loved him very much and am going to miss him more than words can say.

As for Derek, he is now up to 3lbs 4 oz. His oxygen has been decreased to 1/4 liter per minute and he hovers right around 30% oxygen. Yesterday they gave him a bottle for the 1st time and he did wonderful. He is now getting just over one ounce per feeding or ml's. We have signed up for a discharge class as the nurses have said he may come home sometime in the next three weeks.  I am anxiously awaiting the day we put him to bed in his nursery for the 1st time.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news about Derek sweetie, I cannot wait to see him. I am so sorry about your dad but now Derek has one more angel to watch over him, and you as well. Miss our lunches together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine what you are going through, losing your father, and having a child in NICU.
    Thank you for the comment on my blog.
    We will add your family to our prayers, how exciting to finally be able to bring your little boy home in a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete