Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Derek's First Christmas

Yesterday Derek was 3 weeks old. Today he is celebrating his first Christmas. Where exactly does the time go? In one sense I am happy it is going so fast because I want him home with me. On the other hand that means I will be back at work that much sooner.

Haven't been to the hospital yet today which causes me great anxiety. I have been busy baking cookies for the NICU nurses. They are taking good care of my little one :) I will be VERY happy when I can drive myself again. I love my hubby and he has been wonderful but he can't seem to get himself up in the mornings. I can be up every 3 hours to pump and by 10am I am ready to get to the hospital to see Derek. It is a physical ache and I can honestly say I have experienced anxiety until this happened.

What's new for Derek? He has lost his umbilical cord stump, we were able to do Kangaroo Care, he is eating 20mls every 3 hours and as of last night he weighed 2lbs 1 oz. He is going in the right direction!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours! We truly have our Christmas miracle this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment